February 6-11, 2023 | San Francisco, California
Together Again in San Francisco, California!
The Annual Pregnancy Meeting is the centerpiece of the Society’s work and the premier event for learning about cutting-edge science in obstetrics and maternal-fetal medicine. Attendees can take advantage of oral and poster abstract presentations, interactive CME postgraduate courses, scientific forums, roundtables and debate-style presentations, and networking events.
Our meeting provides an excellent opportunity to learn from leaders in the field of maternal-fetal medicine and to connect with colleagues form around the world. If you are interested in maternal-fetal medicine, this is the the meeting for you.
The scientific sessions feature forums, workshops, oral and poster abstract presentations, networking events, and more.
- Monday, May 16, 2022, 5 pm ET: Call for Abstract Submission Begins
- Friday, June 10, 2022, 5 pm ET: Submitters notified of whether their proposal submission has been accepted or declined
- Monday, August 1, 2022, 9 pm ET: Call for Abstract Submissions Deadline & Early Registration Opens!
- Monday, September 26, 2022, 5 pm ET: Primary authors notified of whether or not their submission has been accepted or declined.
- Monday, October 3, 2022, 9 pm ET: Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Site Opens
- Friday, October 7, 2022, 9 pm ET: Abstract Withdrawal Deadline*
- Monday, November 7, 2022, 9 pm ET: Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline
- Monday, November 28, 2022, 5 pm ET: Primary authors notified of whether their late-breaking submission has been accepted or declined
*Withdrawals following this date may be subject to sanctioning of the primary author.
The Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine aims to:
- The Pregnancy MeetingTM – The Society was established in 1977 to give MFM subspecialists a place to advance knowledge, education, and research. More than 40 years later, the annual Pregnancy Meeting remains the global centerpiece of SMFM’s work and attracts more than 2,000 scientists and clinicians from around the world each year.
- Clinical Guidance – The Society publishes clinical guidance on a range of high-risk pregnancy topics. All official SMFM clinical guidelines are developed following an established methodology that includes grading of the relevant scientific literature, input by member experts, and a multi-layer internal peer review approval process. SMFM clinical guidance is available at no-cost on the SMFM website and is published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (AJOG).
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) – The Society’s mission, vision, and strategic direction recognize that success is dependent upon reflecting the diversity of the communities that MFMs serve. SMFM is committed to building a diverse and inclusive membership and leadership cadre through our Emerging Leaders Program, our publications on DEI in medicine, and our Mentor Match system.
- Advocacy – The Society advocates at all levels of government to promote the interests of pregnant people and MFM professionals. SMFM’s Advocacy Agenda and related work is focused on reducing healthcare disparities, eliminating preventable maternal mortality, and ensuring that all pregnant people have access to the full range of reproductive health care, including abortion services.
- The Business Side of Medicine – Managing an MFM practice can be complex, and a well-run practice improves clinical care, so we create tools to help. From in-person courses and webinars to books and consulting services, SMFM’s Practice Management Division offers advice to MFM practices so they can be efficient, technologically advanced and compliant.